Oral Diagnostic Sciences & Research
School of Dentistry
(615) 327-6511 | Pgangula@mmc.edu
1. Role of Nrf2 in Nitrergic mediated stomach motility in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models: SC1 (NIGMS)
2. Role of sex hormones and gastrointestinal and cardiovascular function in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models (SC1, (NIGMS))
3. Role of periodontal pathogens in gastrointestinal function in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models (submitted R01)
4. Racial disparity in colitis: Implications to colon motility- MeTRC
5. Changes in oral & gut microbiome and inflammatory cytokines in HIV patients: Effect of dental treatment (CFAR)
6.Role of periodontal pathogens in cardiovascular function in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models (developing to submit a grant)
COVID-19 and Cancer Comorbidity: Therapeutic Opportunities and Challenges.
Anup S Pathania, Philip Prathipati, Bakrudeen Aa Abdul, Srinivas Chava, Santharam S Katta, Subash C Gupta, Pandu R Gangula, Manoj K Pandey, Donald L Durden, Siddappa N Byrareddy, Kishore B Challagundla
Porphyromonas gingivalis infection alters Nrf2-Phase II enzymes and nitric oxide in primary human aortic endothelial cells.
Chethan Sampath, Emmanuel U Okoro, Michael J Gipson, Sasanka S Chukkapalli, Cherae M Farmer-Dixon, Pandu R Gangula
Inhibition of GSK-3β restores delayed gastric emptying in obesity-induced diabetic female mice.
Chethan Sampath, Shanthi Srinivasan, Michael L Freeman, Pandu R Gangula
Role of sex hormones and their receptors on gastric Nrf2 and neuronal nitric oxide synthase function in an experimental hyperglycemia model.
Jeremy Sprouse, Chethan Sampath, Pandu R Gangula
Supplementation of 17β-Estradiol Normalizes Rapid Gastric Emptying by Restoring Impaired Nrf2 and nNOS Function in Obesity-Induced Diabetic Ovariectomized Mice.
Jeremy C Sprouse, Chethan Sampath, Pandu R Gangula
Activation of Nrf2 attenuates delayed gastric emptying in obesity induced diabetic (T2DM) female mice.
Chethan Sampath, Jeremy C Sprouse, Michael L Freeman, Pandu R Gangula
Sex hormones, Nitric Oxide, Nitric oxide synthases, Nrf2, Oxidative stress, Antioxidants, Inflammatory cytokines, molecular and cellular mechanisms