Oral Diagnostic Sciences & Research
School of Dentistry
(615) 327-6511 | Pgangula@mmc.edu
1. Role of Nrf2 in Nitrergic mediated stomach motility in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models: SC1 (NIGMS)
2. Role of sex hormones and gastrointestinal and cardiovascular function in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models (SC1, (NIGMS))
3. Role of periodontal pathogens in gastrointestinal function in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models (submitted R01)
4. Racial disparity in colitis: Implications to colon motility- MeTRC
5. Changes in oral & gut microbiome and inflammatory cytokines in HIV patients: Effect of dental treatment (CFAR)
6.Role of periodontal pathogens in cardiovascular function in idiopathic, obesity and diabetic rodent models (developing to submit a grant)
COVID-19 and Cancer Comorbidity: Therapeutic Opportunities and Challenges.
Pathania AS, Prathipati P, Abdul BA, Chava S, Katta SS, Gupta SC, Gangula PR, Pandey MK, Durden DL, Byrareddy SN, Challagundla KB
Porphyromonas gingivalis infection alters Nrf2-Phase II enzymes and nitric oxide in primary human aortic endothelial cells.
Sampath C, Okoro EU, Gipson MJ, Chukkapalli SS, Farmer-Dixon CM, Gangula PR
Inhibition of GSK-3β restores delayed gastric emptying in obesity-induced diabetic female mice.
Sampath C, Srinivasan S, Freeman ML, Gangula PR
Activation of Nrf2 attenuates delayed gastric emptying in obesity induced diabetic (T2DM) female mice.
Sampath C, Sprouse JC, Freeman ML, Gangula PR
Sex hormones, Nitric Oxide, Nitric oxide synthases, Nrf2, Oxidative stress, Antioxidants, Inflammatory cytokines, molecular and cellular mechanisms